Dolée Friulano Friuli Isonzo DOC
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorStraw yellow color with golden hues.
- NoseThe bouquet on the nose is delicate and intense with notes of white flowers and pineapple on a background of vanilla.
- FlavorOn the palate it is fruity, rich, and well balanced between freshness and fullness.
Friuli Venezia Giulia At a Glance
Region Name Friuli Venezia Giulia
In Friuli Venezia Giulia, most of the best vineyards are located in the southeastern part of the region facing Alpine foothills’ slopes. Here the vines benefit from direct sunlight and a complex climatic intersection of the warm Mediterranean influence of the Adriatic Sea coupled with the cooling breezes from the Julian Alps.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2019||James Suckling||94||Aug 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Wine Advocate||95||Feb 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Vinous Media||93||Jan 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||Wine Advocate||94||Feb 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||James Suckling||93||Nov 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||Wine and Spirits||91||Dec 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 94 Vintage 2019 James Suckling This is really intense and exotic with lots of dried-pineapple and peach character. Spicy, too. It’s full-bodied and layered with some phenolics, but the dry and exotic star fruit and peach is so intense at the finish. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 95 Vintage 2018 Wine Advocate The Vie di Romans 2018 Friuli Isonzo Friulano Dolée reveals a wide spectrum of aromas with stone fruit, citrus, wild sage, rain-soaked sandstone and honey. The bouquet is pure and fine, but the Friulano grape—especially in the hands of a winery of these credentials—is especially impressive in terms of mouthfeel and texture. There is a sweet softness and textural creaminess that gives the wine solid, mid-weight appeal. Then, all of that abundant fruit comes to an elegant close with a pristine note of salty mineral. This wine is aged on the lees in stainless steel containers for 10 months. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 93 Vintage 2018 Vinous Media The 2018 Friulano Dolée wafts up with a beguiling display of dried nectarine, tart pink citrus, candied ginger, cardamom and hints of white pepper. There’s plenty of textural depth, feeling medium in body while slowly releasing layer after layer of ripe apricot, kiwi and grapefruit, all peppered with exotic spices. The mouth waters with cheek-puckering tension, while a salty, savory note of minerality keeps you coming back for more. The 2018 finds balance by walking the line between ripeness and refinement. It’s a real standout. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 94 Vintage 2017 Wine Advocate The 2017 Friuli Isonzo Friulano Dolée is another beautiful expression from Vie di Romans. This wine plays its strongest cards in terms of mouthfeel with a soft, yielding texture that is silky and polished to the touch. That texture is a good sounding board for peach, melon, quince and fresh pear. The heat of the vintage has shaped some of the extra softness and plush fruit flavors of peach and nectarine that create a pretty preface and epilogue for this mid-weight white. Exactly 10,816 bottles were released. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 93 Vintage 2017 James Suckling Aromas of sliced apples and mangoes with hints of limes follow through to a full body, creamy texture and a flavorful finish. Crisp and delicious. Drink now or hold. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2017 Wine and Spirits This feels round and broad, the flavors of quince and pineapple cushioned by a creamy texture gained during ten months of lees contact. Hints of mint and orange pith refresh the finish. Shelf Talker Full Page Review