Dolée Friulano Friuli Isonzo DOC
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorStraw yellow color with golden hues.
- NoseThe bouquet on the nose is delicate and intense with notes of white flowers and pineapple on a background of vanilla.
- FlavorOn the palate it is fruity, rich, and well balanced between freshness and fullness.
Friuli Venezia Giulia At a Glance
Region Name Friuli Venezia Giulia
In Friuli Venezia Giulia, most of the best vineyards are located in the southeastern part of the region facing Alpine foothills’ slopes. Here the vines benefit from direct sunlight and a complex climatic intersection of the warm Mediterranean influence of the Adriatic Sea coupled with the cooling breezes from the Julian Alps.
Press & Shelf Talkers
- Score: 90 Vintage 2016 Wine Spectator“This fresh, medium-bodied white shows lovely warm spice and vanilla accents layered with poached apricot, acacia blossom and white cherry flavors. Well-balanced and creamy, with a lingering streak of smoke on the finish. Drink now through 2023. 900 cases made.” Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2015 Wine & Spirits Magazine“This wine ages in barriques for about eight months, picking up notes of smoke and toasted nuts that unfold within juicy peach flavors. It’s a rich and mouthfilling wine, the ample alcohol balanced by refreshing acidity.” -Stephanie Johnson Full Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2015 Vinous Media“Bright straw color. Clean, fresh aromas and flavors of marzipan, honey, stone fruit and pear, complicated by ripe banana. A lovely wine that finishes smooth, long and with outstanding acid-fruit balance.” Full Review