Castello di Luzzano
Sommossa Bonarda Frizzante Oltrepo Pavese DOC
- OwnerGiovannella Fugazza
- WinemakerStefano Testa
- TypeRed Sparkling
- Varietals100% Croatina
- Vineyard LocationOltrepo Pavese DOC
- Elevation250 m a.s.l.
- Vines Planted20 years
- SoilCalcareous marl with white clay
- Vinification Stainless steel tanks/20 days at 25-28 °C. Second fermentation in autoclaves. 10 days with manual pumping over
- Aging Process Cement vats of 50 HL for 4 months
- Tasting Notes
- ColorRuby red with purple tinges
- BouquetThe bouquet on the nose is intense, penetratingand vinous, with notes of blackberry and blackcurrant.
- FlavorThe taste is dry, tangy andslightly tannic with aromatic persistence.
- PairingsIdeal with cold cuts, pasta, grilled meat, grilled pork, cheese. Serve slightly chilled.
- Alcohol Content13%
- Residual Sugar10 g/L
- Production20,000 bottles
Download & Print
- Press & Reviews
August - 2017
“Buyers who are not familiar with this wine should be forewarned that the 2016 Bonarda dell’Oltrepò Pavese Sommossa Gocce in Tumulto occupies its own school of Italian wine. The grape used here is Bonarda, and the wine pours into the glass with black ink and rich-purple intensity. Its appearance is impenetrable. The bouquet offers thick aromas of cherry liqueur and concentrated blackberry syrupy. Then, of course, there is the wine’s friendly fizz and effervescence that keeps the palate zesty and refreshed. There is a note of candied sweetness, but the wine also delivers tannic astringency. This unique wine could be paired with fatty dishes such as pork belly or cheese fondue. Drink this wine young."
- Vintage: NA