Malandrino Montepulciano d’Abruzzo DOC
- OwnerLuigi Cataldi Madonna
- WinemakerLorenzo Landi
- TypeRed Wine
- Varietals100% Montepulciano d’Abruzzo
- Vineyard LocationAbruzzo
- Elevation1,375 ft a.s.l.
- Vines Planted1970 - 2004
- TrellisingPergola (Macerone) and spalliera (younger vineyards)
- SoilClay and limestone with medium texture and rich in skeleton
- Vinification Stainless steel tanks
- Aging Process Stainless steel tanks and concrete vats for 12 months, 3 months of bottle.
- Tasting Notes
- ColorDeep ruby red color and nuances of ruby red, little transparency.
- BouquetThe bouquet on the nose is intense, clean and pleasing, with aromas of black cherry, blueberry, plum, carob and violet followed by pleasing aromas of walnut-husk.
- FlavorOn the palate it is balanced, with agreeable tannins, good body and intense flavors; persistent finish with flavors of black cherry and plum.
- PairingsIdeal throughout the meal and can stand up to strong flavors
- Alcohol Content13.5 %
Download & Print
- Press & Reviews
September - 2018
“Deep purple-ruby. Fresh and flinty, with enticing, zingy blue and red fruit aromas and flavors. Bright, juicy and easygoing on the long finish, but this wine’s charm resides mostly in its fun, vibrant personality and seamless delivery of pure unadulterated Montepulciano fruit. Well done. Drink 2018- 2019.” - Ian D’Agata
July - 2017
“Deep red-ruby. Perfumed, inviting nose combines cassis, black cherry, licorice, bitter chocolate and an extremely intense note of violet. Wonderfully juicy and fine-grained, offering a lively texture and almost aromatic set of floral and dark fruit flavors. Finishes very long, with a delicate herbal element and outstanding savory lift. This is a truly outstanding entry-level Montepulciano d’Abruzzo, so I’ll be generous in my scoring. Lots of wine for the money: very well done!” -Ian D’Agata
- Vintage: NA