Pinot Grigio Trentino DOP
- OwnerTogn family
- WinemakerGoffredo Pasolli
- Varietals100% Pinot Grigio
- Vineyard LocationPressano di Lavis
- Elevation100-300 m a.s.l.
- Vines Planted10-30 years
- TrellisingSimple pergola and Guyot
- Vines/Acre4000/ha (pergola), 6000/ha (Guyot)
- SoilClay and limestone bedrock
- Vinification 70% stainless steel tanks (14 days at 55-64°F), 30% French oak barriques and tonneaux. Cold maceration
- Aging Process 70% stainless steel tanks, 30% barriques, tonneaux, and 30 hl oak barrels for 6 months sur lie. 2 months bottle aging
- Tasting Notes
- ColorPale yellow color with copper hints
- BouquetThe bouquet on the nose is fine andintense with typical notes of pear, tangerine, and delicate sweet hints of acaciaflowers and honey.
- FlavorDry, fresh, elegant sip with medium body, nice balanceand a harmonious persistent finish.
- PairingsCan be enjoyed by itself; suitable for fish such as trout and other Mediterraneandishes.
- Alcohol Content13%
- Residual Sugar2.5 g/L
- Serving Temperature50°F
- Production40,000 bottles
Download & Print
- Press & Reviews
December - 2018
“The 2017 Trentino Pinot Grigio is part of a school of easy-drinking white wines from the far north of Italy. The mountainous Trentino region offers cool nighttime temperatures that help to enhance aromatic intensity. This wine delivers standard varietal aromas of white peach, pear and honeydew melon. Only 10% of the wine is briefly aged in oak. Some 35,000 bottles were produced.”
August - 2017
“The Maso Poli 2016 Trentino Pinot Grigio is an easy and fresh white wine to pair with tomato and basil bruschetta. The wine is fine and silky in approach with bright aromas of lemon zest, almond blossom and dried oregano. Drink this wine within the next 18 months.”