Brunello di Montalcino DOCG
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorIntense ruby red color.
- NoseOn the nose it shows alluring aromas of ripe red berries and delicate spices.
- FlavorOn the palate the full body is gratifying and persistent, withoutstanding minerality. Remarkable tannins, soft and creamy in texture, conferconcentration and aging potential to this wine.
Toscana At a Glance
Region Name Toscana
Chianti, Brunello di Montepulciano, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano and Super Tuscans from Bolgheri are some of the most famous wines in the world and adored by collectors, and they all hail from the gorgeous region of Tuscany.
Press & Shelf Talkers
- Score: 95 Vintage 2016 Wine AdvocateThe Fossacolle 2016 Brunello di Montalcino opens to a charming level of intensity and purity. This wine really jumped out at me thanks to the chiseled and sharp quality of fruit and the lingering acidity and power one receives on the finish. It undergoes both its primary and secondary fermentation in cement and is racked into French and Slavonian oak (of various sizes) for two years. Everything just works here, and the wine delivers great harmony between its fruit, spice, acidity and structure. Production is 17,000 bottles. Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 94 Vintage 2016 James SucklingA full-bodied, firmly structured red with dried cranberries, dried earth, leather and smoke on the nose. Fresh and sour cherries on the palate, alongside firm, chewy and tobacco-like tannins. Better after 2024. Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 97 Vintage 2015 James SucklingExcellent ripeness of fruit here with glazed strawberries, blood oranges, red licorice and dried spices. Superb density and focus to the centre palate, which is layered, ornate, plush but balanced. The finish goes on and on with nutmeg, tar and saffron. Wonderful length and intensity. Drink from 2024. Shelf Talker Full Review