Amarone della Valpolicella DOCG
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorDeep ruby red colour with pomegranate reflections
- NoseEthereal nose which reminds of peach blossoms, violet, raspberry and mint.
- FlavorOn the palate it is intense, refined; it displays full body and smoothness, with clear notes of dried grapes
Veneto At a Glance
Region Name Veneto
Veneto is an important wine region in the northeastern corner of Italy. In terms of geography, culture, and wine styles, it represents a transition between the alpine, Germano-Slavic end of Italy and the warmer, drier, more Roman lands to the south.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2016||Wine Advocate||91||Dec 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2016||Wine Enthusiast||91||Mar 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2015||Wine Enthusiast||91||Mar 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 91 Vintage 2016 Wine Advocate This wine offers a clean and subdued expression of Amarone in which fruit purity is front and center, and there aren't any other major distractions. The Acinum 2016 Amarone della Valpolicella shows ripe cherry and baked plum followed by spice, smoke and tar, which is characteristic of air-dried fruit from this unique winemaking corner of Italy. This is a generous mid-weight expression, and I'd suggest a near or medium-term drinking window because the wine is already moving forward on its aging trajectory. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2016 Wine Enthusiast Black-skinned fruit, violet and underbrush aromas lead the way. The bold palate offers dried black cherry, licorice and fig alongside velvety tannins. Drink through 2028 Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2015 Wine Enthusiast Dark berry, violet and underbrush aromas lead the nose. The savory balanced palate offers blackberry jam, white pepper and star anise alongside velvety tannins. KERIN O’KEEFE Shelf Talker Full Page Review