Amarone della Valpolicella DOCG
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorDeep ruby red colour with pomegranate reflections
- NoseEthereal nose which reminds of peach blossoms, violet, raspberry and mint.
- FlavorOn the palate it is intense, refined; it displays full body and smoothness, with clear notes of dried grapes
Veneto At a Glance
Region Name Veneto
Veneto is an important wine region in the northeastern corner of Italy, in terms of geography, culture and wine styles, it represents a transition between the alpine, Germano-Slavic end of Italy and the warmer, drier, more Roman lands to the south.
Press & Reviews
- Score: 91 Vintage 2015 Wine Enthusiast“Dark berry, violet and underbrush aromas lead the nose. The savory balanced palate offers blackberry jam, white pepper and star anise alongside velvety tannins.” Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2012 Wine SpectatorWine Spectator, January 2016, 90 pts “This fresh red is medium-to-full bodied and well-integrated, with light, supple tannins layered with flavors of sweet brown bread, plumped cherry, licorice, and orange zest. Spiced finish. Drink now through 2021. 500 cases made.” -Alison Napjus Full Review
- Vintage 2012 Wine EnthusiastWine Enthusiast, December 2015, 93pts Black-skinned fruit, pressed violet and a whiff of chopped herbs lead the nose on this full-bodied red. The bold palate offers high-toned flavors of ripe black cherry, black raspberry, mint and a hint of fig uplifted by fresh acidity. Firm, velvety tannins give it a smooth texture. - Kerin O’Keefe Full Review