Sophia Vino Bianco Biologico
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorStraw yellow in color with greenish shimmers.
- NoseIts scent recalls fresh flowers, roses, and yellow peach.
- FlavorThe palate is young, crisp, and mellow with aromatic notes. It also shows a gentle touch of spices.
Basilicata At a Glance
Region Name Basilicata
Basilicata, in southern Italy, is a region whose name crops up only very rarely in wine circles. It is best known for red wines from the Aglianico variety and, in particular, the Aglianico del Vulture appellation.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2019||Vinous Media||92||Jul 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2019||Wine Enthusiast||85||Dec 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 92 Vintage 2019 Vinous Media The spicy and irresistible 2019 Bianco Sophia wafts up with notes of candied ginger, yellow flowers, iodine, crushed almonds and hints of raw honey. This is a soft-textured effort with a pleasant inner sweetness that balances ripe melon and citrus tones against bright acidity and mounting minerality that comes forward toward the close. It finishes long, tart and salty, literally buzzing with residual tension and begging you to take another sip. The Sophia Bianco is a Fiano that shows the potential of this variety on Vulture’s volcanic slopes. Very nice. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 85 Vintage 2019 Wine Enthusiast Aromas of lemon curd, lemongrass and shortbread carry the nose of this Fiano. A slight spritz on the palate dissipates quickly to reveal flavors of lemon and pear that mingle with a savory yeast tone. Lifted acidity ensures a brisk, clean ending. Shelf Talker Full Page Review