Bassina Barbera d’Asti DOCG
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorGarnet red color with delicate purple reflections.
- NoseIntense, fresh nose with red fruit aromas and balsamic notes.
- FlavorOn the palate it is dry, full bodied and harmonious with a long aromatic fruity finish.
Piedmont At a Glance
Region Name Piedmont
Piemonte is considered by many the top wine region of Italy, being the land of Barolo and Barbaresco, even though these mega-popular wines only account for 3% of the region’s wine production.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2021||Wine Enthusiast||90||Mar 2023||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2021||Wine Spectator||88||Mar 2023||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||Wine Spectator||89||Oct 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 90 Vintage 2021 Wine Enthusiast Juicy and ripe blueberry, blackberry and tart plum on the nose. The intense fruit aromas are complimented by an elegant violet candy note. The palate switches gear with more tart fruit flavors of sour cherry. This is a classic example of Barbera from Asti. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2021 Wine Spectator A rich and velvety red laced with black cherry, blackberry and oak flavors. Reveals a light coating of tannins as this winds down on the finish. Drink now. 1,000 cases made, 250 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2017 Wine Spectator A ripe, powerful version, this fills the mouth with plum, blackberry and loamy earth flavors. Firmly structured, with hints of caramel and nut on the finish. Drink now through 2024. 1,666 cases made, 140 cases imported. — BS Shelf Talker Full Page Review