Red • 60% Malbec, 40% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorIntense purplish red color.
- NoseFruity aromas such as ripe plums and blackberries accompanied by a subtle hint of vanilla
- FlavorOn the palate, flavors of marmalade, spices and toast after being aged in French oak barrels. Unctuous wine with a long-lasting finish.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2015||Vinous||88||Oct 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2009||Vinous||89||Oct 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 88 Vintage 2015 Vinous A blend of Cabernet Sauvignon with 40% Malbec, 60% aged for up to 12 months in French barrels. Terracotta red in the glass. The unusual nose offers notes of almond cookie, leather, tobacco leaf and oak. Intense and concentrated on the palate. The tannins are shaped and made a little dry by the wood, which is energized by a powerful alcoholic kick. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2009 Vinous A blend of Cabernet Sauvignon with 60% Malbec, 60% aged in new barrels for up to 12 months. Red with a purple sheen. The relatively complex nose offers notes of black currant, plum and oak and a hint of rose petal. The satisfying palate delivers angular tannins and a saline, tartaric backdrop, while the wood returns at the end. Shelf Talker Full Page Review