Vecchia Annata Gavi di Gavi DOCG
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorYellow, golden hues
- Nosepear purée, baked apple, dried figs and a hint of spices.
- Flavordry, harmonic, smooth and balanced, with a long mineral finish.
Piedmont At a Glance
Region Name Piedmont
Piemonte is considered by many the top wine region of Italy, being the land of Barolo and Barbaresco, even though these mega-popular wines only account for 3% of the region’s wine production.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2010||Wine Advocate||92||Jun 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2010||Wine Enthusiast||91||Sep 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2010||Wine Spectator||90||Aug 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2010||James Suckling Magazine||90||Nov 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 92 Vintage 2010 Wine Advocate Part of Broglia's late release program, the 2010 Gavi Vecchia Annata is luminous and bright in the glass, showing a graceful and careful aging trajectory more than a decade after the harvest. In fact, the brightness and purity of its appearance make you think this wine is much younger than it is in reality. The bouquet is also very well maintained with soft fruit tones that are framed by crushed rock and white mineral. The fruit has faded softly, but the wine finishes with elegant touches of almond and dried apricot. It's hard to set a drinking window on a wine that has already outlived any guessing or projections, so why not enjoy it now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2010 Wine Enthusiast Aromas suggesting eucalyptus, underbrush, hay and ripe apple form the delicate nose. On the linear palate, tangy acidity accompanies dried pineapple, pear and candied lemon drop before a hazelnut finish. It's aged remarkably well. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2010 Wine Spectator This white is lively and compact, with a core peach, apple and almond flavors accented by lanolin and chamomile, showing density and a tactile sensation on the lingering, saline finish. Drink now through 2024. 375 cases made, 19 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2010 James Suckling Magazine Holding itself together very well for a 2010 Gavi, suggesting dried citrus, fresh rosemary and cumin. There isn’t that much structure or material interest, but the freshness and energy here is palpable for an aged white. Shelf Talker Full Page Review