Secca del Capo IGP
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- NoseLemon zest, lime, stone fruits and a volcanic touch will be the main flavors perceived on the nose.
- FlavorOn the palate a great minerality embraces lemon and orange silky notes, enriching the complexity and the balance of the body.
Sicily At a Glance
Region Name Sicily
Sicily is Italy’s southernmost region and the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. For more than 2500 years, Sicily (Sicilia in Italian) has been a significant center of Mediterranean viniculture, although the reputation and style of its wines have changed significantly over that time.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2020||Vinous Media||89||Jun 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2020||Wine Enthusiast||88||Nov 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Wine Enthusiast||89||Dec 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Wine Advocate||89||Oct 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Vinous Media||88||Jun 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 89 Vintage 2020 Vinous Media The 2020 Secca del Capo is sweetly scented with exotic florals, green melon and candied ginger. It’s soft and round in feel, complemented by notes of ripe peach and hints of banana. This tapers off to freshness and a tropical flourish of mango and papaya. The Secca del Capo, a varietal Malvasia, is a fruit-forward, highly pleasurable, yet also nicely balanced effort. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2020 Wine Enthusiast White rose, exotic fruit and Mediterranean scrub aromas form the nose. The round, medium-bodied palate offers passion fruit, white peach and a hint of vanilla alongside fresh acidity. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2018 Wine Enthusiast White rose, apricot and Mediterranean brush aromas form the nose. The rounded palate offers yellow peach, lemon and thyme alongside bright acidity. KERIN O’KEEFE Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2018 Wine Advocate The 2018 Secca del Capo is a dry expression of the Malvasia grape that is cultivated all over this small island of Salina in the Aeolian archipelago. There is a tiny fizz to the wine, almost non-existent, when it pours from the bottle. Malvasia tends to deliver delicate floral tones of jasmine and camellia flower. The wine is dry but not completely so, because there is a point of softness or sweet creaminess in the mouth. Indeed, Malvasia grown on Salina is mostly dedicated to the production of a dessert wine called Malvasia delle Lipari, and you get faint tones of that style and that sweetness here. Drink this wine with a Thai green curry, probably within the next 18 months. Some 15,000 bottles were produced. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2018 Vinous Media Sweet peach, vanilla bean and crushed almonds all make an appearance as the 2018 Secca del Capo opens up in the glass. This is soft in texture, balanced by citrus-tinged orchard fruits and sweet spice. A zing of candied lemon and ginger lingers long, adding tension through the dramatic finale. Shelf Talker Full Page Review