Carbunè Barbera d’Asti DOCG
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorDeep ruby red color with purplish flashes.
- NoseThe bouquet on the nose is very intense, fruty and flowery, with typical aromas of red fruits, juniper berries, plum, blackberry, and tea leaves.
- FlavorThe enjoyable aromas of mature fruits are also fully and intensely felt on the palate. The alcohol gives a nice warm feeling; the nice acidity and the smooth tannins makes this wine extremely pleasant to drink.
Piedmont At a Glance
Region Name Piedmont
Piemonte is considered by many the top wine region of Italy, being the land of Barolo and Barbaresco, even though these mega-popular wines only account for 3% of the region’s wine production.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2017||Wine Enthusiast||88||Nov 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||Wine Spectator||87||Jun 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 88 Vintage 2017 Wine Enthusiast Delicate aromas of dark-skinned fruit, scorched earth and baking spice emerge from the glass. The concentrated palate suggests ripe black plum, star anise and clove alongside smooth tannins and the heat of evident alcohol. Drink through 2023. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 87 Vintage 2017 Wine Spectator This is packed with cherry, raspberry and leafy tobacco flavors, along with hints of earth and ash. Firm tannins line the finish. Best from 2020 through 2025. 35,000 cases made, 100 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review