Malandrino Cerasuolo D’Abruzzo DOC
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorBright, concentrated rose color.
- NoseThe bouquet on the nose is intense, clean and pleasing with aromas red cherry, wild strawberry and almond.
- FlavorOn the palate it is fresh and approachable with a persistent fruity finish.
Abruzzo At a Glance
Region Name Abruzzo
The Abruzzo region has the Apennines running along its western border, is next to Molise to the south, Marche to the north and Lazio to the west.
More than 22 million cases of wine are produced annually in Abruzzo, making it the seventh most productive region in Italy, but only 21.5% of which are made under the Denominazione di Origine Controllata (DOC) designation.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2019||Wine Enthusiast||90||Dec 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Wine Enthusiast||90||Jul 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 90 Vintage 2019 Wine Enthusiast Aromas of crushed limestone, red-cherry skin and blood-orange rind make an engaging, fresh start to this pink wine made from organically grown Montepulciano. The medium-bodied palate boasts tart red-berry, orange and herbal spice notes that are wrapped in a gentle tannic frame. Drink through 2021. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2018 Wine Enthusiast This shows a concentrated hue of watermelon pink in the glass. Bright tones of fresh cherry and pomegranate meld with an earthy limestone core on the nose and palate. The persistent acidity drives these flavors to a lingering cherry pit finish, giving a rosato that is both bold and balanced. ALEXANDER PEARTREE Shelf Talker Full Page Review