Rosso di Montepulciano DOC
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorVivid ruby red color
- NoseIntense and fine bouquet on the nose with notes of wild blackcherry, violet and a slight vanilla undertone.
- FlavorOn the palate it is well-balanced andelegant with a slight initial tannic note.
Tuscany At a Glance
Region Name Tuscany
Chianti, Brunello di Montalcino, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano and Super Tuscans from Bolgheri are some of the world’s most famous wines and are adored by collectors, and they all hail from the gorgeous region of Tuscany.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2022||James Suckling||90||Sep 2023||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2021||Vinous Media||89||Feb 2023||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2021||James Suckling||89||Jul 2022||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2020||James Suckling||90||Jul 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2019||Vinous Media||90||Dec 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||James Suckling||91||Nov 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Wine Spectator||86||Apr 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 90 Vintage 2022 James Suckling Savory and fresh red with notes of mushrooms, white pepper and red berry fruit. Clean, medium-bodied and gently grippy. Drink now or try in 2024. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2021 Vinous Media Like opening a fresh pack of violet candies, the 2021 Rosso di Montepulciano opens in the glass dusty and tinged with blue and purple floral perfumes. It washes across the palate, silky and pliant, with ripe wild berries and inner lavender tones. The finish is lightly tannic yet fresh, with a lingering candied blackberry note. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2021 James Suckling Some blueberry and black cherry with a steely edge. Medium body. Firm palate. A little austere, but fresh. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2020 James Suckling A pretty nose of blackberries, red plums, herbs with currant-leaf and some licorice notes. It’s medium-bodied with fine tannins and bright acidity. Juicy and fragrant. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2019 Vinous Media Dusty dried florals, crushed stone and black currants form a pretty display as the 2019 Rosso di Montepulciano opens up in the glass. Its silky textures soothe, as tart red and peppery black berries saturate, all guided by saline-infused acidity. Violets, blueberry skins and mulberry linger through the finale over a coating of sweet tannin. This blend of 80% Sangiovese and 20% Merlot is so pretty and very nicely balanced. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2018 James Suckling A very pretty but serious Rosso di Montepulciano that shows fresh raspberries, rose petals, frozen strawberries, cherry compote and some tar. Medium body, round and juicy tannins and a medium-chewy finish. Drink now and enjoy this succulent red! Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 86 Vintage 2018 Wine Spectator Blackberry and black cherry flavors are the highlights of this light red. Earth and tea accents chime in on the chewy finish. Drink now. 11,500 cases made, 1,000 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review