Cerasuolo di Vittoria Classico DOCG
- Tasting Notes
- ColorIntense ruby red color
- NoseThe bouquet on the nose is very elegant with fruityaromas of black raspberry and wild strawberry, and intriguing smoky andtoasted sensations.
- FlavorThe palate is soft, well-rounded, with great finesse anda long finish.
Sicilia At a Glance
Region Name Sicilia
Sicily is Italy’s southernmost region and the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. For more than 2500 years, Sicily (Sicilia in Italian) has been a significant center of Mediterranean viniculture, although the reputation and style of its wines have changed significantly over that time.
Press & Shelf Talkers
- Score: 89 Vintage 2017 Wine EnthusiastMade with organically farmed Nero d'Avola and Frappato grapes, this has aromas of red berry, Mediterranean scrub and clove. The juicy palate offers red cherry, star anise and white pepper alongside velvety tannins and bright acidity. Shelf Talker
- Score: 90 Vintage 2016 Wine SpectatorA well-balanced, medium-bodied red, with light, supple tannins and a pleasing range of crushed black cherry, dried thyme, licorice snap and tangy mineral flavors. Offers a fresh, spiced finish. Drink now through 2023. 4,166 cases made, 140 cases imported. Shelf Talker
- Score: 89 Vintage 2015 Wine Spectator“A well-balanced, medium-bodied red, with bright acidity and a pleasing thread of ground spice and mineral notes accenting the crushed raspberry and mullberry fruit. Lingering finish. Drink now through 2021. 4,166 cases made.” Shelf Talker Full Review