Cerasuolo di Vittoria Classico DOCG
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorIntense ruby red color
- NoseThe bouquet on the nose is very elegant with fruityaromas of black raspberry and wild strawberry, and intriguing smoky andtoasted sensations.
- FlavorThe palate is soft, well-rounded, with great finesse anda long finish.
Sicily At a Glance
Region Name Sicily
Sicily is Italy’s southernmost region and the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. For more than 2500 years, Sicily (Sicilia in Italian) has been a significant center of Mediterranean viniculture, although the reputation and style of its wines have changed significantly over that time.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2018||James Suckling||92||May 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Wine and Spirits||90||Oct 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||Wine Enthusiast||89||Mar 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 92 Vintage 2018 James Suckling Rich dark cherries on the nose and palate, together with hints of dried herbs and lightly toasted oak. Full-to medium-bodied with a silky mouth feel and fine-grained tannins. Lots of fruity flavor and a tiny twist of milk chocolate at the end. From organically grown grapes. Vegan. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2018 Wine and Spirits This blend combines cask-aged nero d’Avola with 40 percent frappato aged in stainless steel. The result is a tasty wine with a generous core of mixed berry flavors accented by notes of licorice and crunchy herbs. A serious value proposition for weeknight roast chicken. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2017 Wine Enthusiast Made with organically farmed Nero d'Avola and Frappato grapes, this has aromas of red berry, Mediterranean scrub and clove. The juicy palate offers red cherry, star anise and white pepper alongside velvety tannins and bright acidity. Shelf Talker Full Page Review