Messapia Verdeca Salento IGP
- Tasting Notes
- ColorCharacteristic straw yellow color with greenish highlights.
- NoseThe nose reveals interesting aromas of wildflowers together with citrus fruits (bergamot) and tropical fruits (pineapple).
- FlavorFresh and fruity on the palate with a long delicate herbal and aromatic finish.
Puglia At a Glance
Region Name Puglia
Most Puglia wine is red, full-bodied, and will pair well with a wide variety of foods. Producers in Puglia have focused on making great red wines, and local grapes like Negroamaro, Primitivo, and Bombino Nero make for delicious drinking. Some of the best values in Italian wine come from this sunny, dry region.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2018||James Suckling||90||Nov 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Wine Enthusiast||89||Nov 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 90 Vintage 2018 James Suckling Fine, light thread of lime peel and a fresh peaches. This has a very sleek and super fine feel with succulent, juicy and attractive fresh-fruit to finish. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2018 Wine Enthusiast Aromas of apple peel, citrus and lemon verbena carry to the light, crisp palate. This is brisk and lively in feel, displaying a wonderful mix of orchard fruit, citrus and herbal flavors that make it a perfect accompaniment alongside grilled chicken or seafood. Shelf Talker Full Page Review