Montunal Lugana DOC
- Tasting Notes
- ColorStraw yellow with greenish shimmer
- NoseThe nose is elegant. It first shows its fruity character with tropical and peach notes, and then hints of white flowers and spices to complete the intense bouquet.
- FlavorThe sip is fresh, mellow and velvet, with a perfect balance and a pleasant minerality.
Lombardia At a Glance
Region Name Lombardia
The Lombardia – (Lombardy) wine region is located in north-central area of Italy. The wine region is particularly well known for its sparkling wines made in the Franciacorta and Oltrepò Pavese areas.
Press & Reviews
- Score: 88 Vintage 2017 Wine Enthusiast“Whiffs of green apple, white peach and tropical fruit follow over to the soft fresh palate along with citrus notes. A white-almond note wraps up the close.” Kerin O’Keefe Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2016 Wine Enthusiast“Spring blossom, white stone-fruit and citrus aromas come together on this. The bright fresh palate offers green apple, citrus zest and white peach while a hint of almond gives it a pleasantly bitter finish.” Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 87 Vintage 2016 Wine Advocate“Here’s a fresh Italian white to enjoy during the summer months. The 2016 Lugana Montunal (made with Trebbiano di Lugana) is light and fresh both in appearance and character. The wine offers simple sensations of citrus and honeydew melon. This grape is not particularly aromatic, but it does hit the spot in terms of crispness and accessibility.” Shelf Talker Full Review