Nizza Riserva DOCG
- Tasting Notes
- ColorRuby red color.
- NoseAmple, complex bouquet on the nose with fine scents of red berries, cherry and sour cherries in alcohol
- FlavorVelvety, harmonious and fresh on the palate, with an excellent structure and great persistence. Good balance between fruity aromas and alcoholic warmth.
Piedmont At a Glance
Region Name Piedmont
Piemonte is considered by many the top wine region of Italy, being the land of Barolo and Barbaresco, even though these mega-popular wines only account for 3% of the region’s wine production.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2016||Wine Spectator||92||Apr 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2016||Wine Enthusiast||88||Nov 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2015||Wine Spectator||92||Jun 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2015||Wine Advocate||91||Jul 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 92 Vintage 2016 Wine Spectator This red has developed nicely, its blackberry and black currant flavors softening and melding into the vibrant structure. Everything is in harmony here, ending with a cascade of fresh fruit, mineral and spice notes. Drink now. 250 cases made, 50 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2016 Wine Enthusiast Aromas of toasted oak, charred underbrush and dark-skinned fruit form the nose. The ripe palate offers blackberry jam, vanilla and mocha alongside rounded tannins. Enjoy through 2024 Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 92 Vintage 2015 Wine Spectator A delicious example of Barbera, sumptuous and infused with plum, black cherry, iron, leather and spice flavors. Powerful, with a sense of grace and a terrific aftertaste. Could benefit from some bottle aging. Drink now through 2025. 3,000 cases made, 50 cases imported. –BS Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2015 Wine Advocate The Garesio 2015 Nizza Riserva doles out extra richness and concentration. The wine pours to an inky dark appearance with ripe aromas of plummy fruit, dried cherry and blackberry preserves. Those dark fruit tones are backed by oak spice, tar and tobacco. Those spicy notes play a big role in the wine's DNA, although they remain carefully balanced and folded into this Riserva's rich texture. This is a great choice for barbecued spare ribs with spicy sauce. Shelf Talker Full Page Review