Quinta da Romaneira Vintage Port
Port Wine • 70% Touriga Nacional, 20% Touriga Franca, 10% Tinto Cao
- Tasting Notes
- ColorDeep purple-ruby color.
- NoseSuperb aromatic personality with abundant spice and wild Duoro flower notes.
- FlavorFig, mint, black plum, and dark chocolate flavors explode in the mouth. Sweet, full-bodied, with a great round tannic structure and balance that ends in a very long and lingering finish.
Press & Reviews
- Score: 90 Vintage 2018 Wine AdvocateThe 2018 Vintage Port is mostly Touriga Nacional (70%), with the rest Touriga Franca, aged for 24 months in neutral tonels. It comes in with 91 grams of residual sugar. A very friendly 2018, this has relatively ripe tannins, reasonable depth and a tasty finish. The nose is laced with some eucalyptus (some would say “cistus,” but that’s a bit obscure) aromas. The fruity demeanor makes it rather delicious. Walking down the middle of the road, this is a well-constructed but very accessible Port that does everything well—but little stands out. It should age well and develop more. It is drinking fairly decently right now. Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 92 Vintage 2017 Wine EnthusiastDense, ripe and already open, this is a concentrated wine that has balanced tannins and juicy black currant fruits. Its richness is tempered by the fresh, dry streak of acidity and tannins. Drink from 2028. Shelf Talker
- Score: 92 Vintage 2016 Wine EnthusiastA jammy wine with fresh acidity as well as bright fruit. It seems to have missed out on structure although smoky fruit is right there. That suggests a wine that will age relatively quickly. Think about drinking this wine from 2026.” -Roger Voss Shelf Talker Full Review