Riesling Trentino DOC
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorStraw-yellow color with yellow highlights.
- NoseIt is intensely fruity on the nose with fine aromas of tropical and citrus fruits, orange blossom, linden honey, and mineral fragrances.
- FlavorThe palate is dry, fresh, smooth, with great elegance and a perfect balance between the structure and the lively acidity. A very long mineral finish.
Trentino At a Glance
Region Name Trentino
In the northernmost reaches of Italy, close to the Austrian border, the dramatic landscape is a fitting backdrop to one of the world’s most important wine-producing areas.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2016||Wine Advocate||93||Feb 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2016||Vinous Media||90||Nov 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2015||Wine Advocate||93||Feb 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2015||Wine Spectator||91||Apr 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 93 Vintage 2016 Wine Advocate The Tenuta San Leonardo 2016 Trentino Riesling shows loads of varietal purity with quince, pear, Golden Delicious apple, honey and dried papaya. All that fruit is put under a lens, provided by sharp mineral tones, for extra focus and clarity. This is a generous, lean to mid-weight Riesling with touches of Mediterranean warmth and golden, citrusy fruit that is characteristic of the mountainous Trentino region. I tasted bottle number 536 of just 6,250 produced. I would love to come back to this bottle in five years' time. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2016 Vinous Media The 2016 Riesling San Leonardo shows a gorgeous mix of tropical citrus, white strawberry, honey blossom and sweet subtle spice. It’s soft, silky and elegant, ushering in notes of yellow apple, young mango and hints of roasted almond, all riding a vibrant core of juicy acids, making for a stimulating yet fully satiating expression. The mouth aches with earthy mineral tension, tapering off to a note of dried apricot. The San Leonardo Riesling spends twelve months on the lees in a combination of new and once-used French oak barrels. It’s a seductive and age-worthy expression of the variety. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 93 Vintage 2015 Wine Advocate I had already reviewed this wine in 2018, but I found it to be so beautifully evolved and changed that I wanted to publish an updated note. On this second try, I tasted bottle 5,862 of 6,070 produced. The Tenuta San Leonardo 2015 Trentino Riesling opens to rising aromatic intensity that comes in the form of ripe peach, honey, Anjou pear and some distant tropical tones. This sunny vintage certainly comes through in terms of the wine's silky and smooth finish. There's good reason to hold this bottle for a few more years. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2015 Wine Spectator This fresh, light- to medium-bodied white is loaded with petrol on the nose, but the minerally presence turns more subtle on the creamy palate, underscoring the baked peach, lemon pastry cream and crushed almond flavors that echo on the finish. Drink now through 2025. 100 cases imported. –AN Shelf Talker Full Page Review