Fiano di Avellino DOCG
- Tasting Notes
- Color Light straw gold
- NoseNotes of mature fruit and flowers with hints of pear, apricot, citrus, toasted hazelnuts, acacia, hawthorn, and honey.
Campania At a Glance
Region Name Campania
Like many Italian regions, Campania is home to an impressive array of grape varieties, some found almost nowhere else on earth. Its most important variety is arguably Aglianico, the grape behind the region’s two most famous and respected red wines: Taurasi and Aglianico del Taburno.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2019||James Suckling||93||Nov 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||James Suckling||92||Nov 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Wine Enthusiast||90||Nov 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2016||James Suckling||93||Nov 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 93 Vintage 2019 James Suckling Lots of pear, salt and green-apple aromas and flavors. It’s full-bodied, layered and very flavorful with creaminess and serious length. Layered and fascinating. Drink or hold. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 92 Vintage 2018 James Suckling Sliced pears and fresh, leafy herbs on the nose make for a fresh impression. The palate has a juicy feel with cool, apple flavors and a dry, crisp finish. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2018 Wine Enthusiast Alluring aromas of Spanish broom, white stone fruits and wild herbs shape the nose. The linear, focused palate offers Reinette apple, pear, Meyer lemon and saline before a hazelnut finish. Crisp acidity keeps it vibrant. KERIN O’KEEFE Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 93 Vintage 2016 James Suckling Lots of blanched almonds, red apples and a touch of beeswax. It’s medium-bodied with a waxy texture and crisp acidity. More almonds and citrus pith on the palate lead to a long, focused finish. Hints of smoke and vanilla underneath it all. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review