y
twitter facebook
Piemonte
PRINT PDF
Il Cascinone
Sorilaria Roero Arneis DOCG
Piemonte

In 1999, Claudio Manera, director and oenologist, led to the purchase one of the jewels of the Monferrato area, Il Cascinone. During the year 2002, an ambitious series of projects completed the restoration and expansion of the vineyard. In 2004, the restoration of the cellar was completed and for the first time the vinification took place at the estate.


Owner: Claudio Manera
Website: www.araldicavini.com
Winemaker: Claudio Manera
Type: White wine
Varietals: 100% Arneis

Vineyard Location: Monticello d’Alba
Orientation: South
Elevation: 1,050 ft
Trellising: Guyot
Soil: Chalky clay

Vinification
The grapes for the Sorilaria are handpicked, and pressed in modern pneumatic presses. 15% of the must is fermented in new French oak barriques, with the remaining 85% being cool fermented in stainless steel

Aging Process
Three months in stainless steel before release

Tasting Notes
Color: Straw yellow color with green highlights.
Bouquet: Elegant fragrances of pears and floral notes fill the glass, with underlying notes of almonds and cream
Flavor: The acidity is well balanced with the fruit; warm, lingering finish

Alcohol Content: 13.5%
Serving Temperature: 48-50°F
Production: 10,000 bottles