Brunello di Montalcino DOCG
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorIntense ruby red color.
- NoseOn the nose it shows alluring aromas of ripe red berries and delicate spices.
- FlavorOn the palate the full body is gratifying and persistent, withoutstanding minerality. Remarkable tannins, soft and creamy in texture, conferconcentration and aging potential to this wine.
Toscana At a Glance
Region Name Toscana
Chianti, Brunello di Montepulciano, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano and Super Tuscans from Bolgheri are some of the most famous wines in the world and adored by collectors, and they all hail from the gorgeous region of Tuscany.
Press & Reviews
- Score: 97 Vintage NA James SucklingExcellent ripeness of fruit here with glazed strawberries, blood oranges, red licorice and dried spices. Superb density and focus to the centre palate, which is layered, ornate, plush but balanced. The finish goes on and on with nutmeg, tar and saffron. Wonderful length and intensity. Drink from 2024. Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 93 Vintage 2015 Wine AdvocateThe Fossacolle 2015 Brunello di Montalcino shows a prominent mineral note of crushed stone and talc powder. It becomes a fitting segue to more typical aromas of wild berry fruit and balsam herbs. There is some firmness or tannic bite on the close that suggests extra cellar aging is required. Even just a few years should be enough to shave it off. This wine is tightly coiled and inward-looking at this early stage in the game. The finish is structured and angular, but it just needs to open. Shelf Talker
- Score: 92 Vintage 2015 Vinous MediaGood full red. Inviting aromas of ripe plum, red cherry nectar, leather and underbrush. Plump but graceful, with flavors of red fruit, leather and potpourri that are supported by polished tannins tapering nicely on the long, saline finish. In keeping with the warm year, this showy wine is round and creamy but slightly less well delineated than some past vintages of Fossacolle. Shelf Talker