Brunello di Montalcino Riserva DOCG
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorRuby red color
- NoseIntense notes of dark cherries, chocolate and spices on thenose.
- FlavorComplex structure and tannins with notes of fruit and coffee; long,elegant finish.
Tuscany At a Glance
Region Name Tuscany
Chianti, Brunello di Montalcino, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano and Super Tuscans from Bolgheri are some of the world’s most famous wines and are adored by collectors, and they all hail from the gorgeous region of Tuscany.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2015||James Suckling||95||Nov 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2015||Wine Advocate||94||Nov 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2015||Vinous Media||91||Nov 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2012||Wine and Spirits||90||Apr 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 95 Vintage 2015 James Suckling A very pretty, focused Brunello with blue fruit, black cherries and some cedar and sandalwood. Crushed stones, too. It’s medium-to full-bodied with linear tannins that take you through the depths of the wine. Drink after 2022. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 94 Vintage 2015 Wine Advocate The Fossacolle 2015 Brunello di Montalcino Riserva (with a mere 2,000 bottles to be released after February 2021) offers richness and depth with a very linear and direct quality of fruit. There is plum, blackberry, spice, earth, leather and tar. This Riserva occupies the darker side of the spectrum, although the mouthfeel is ultimately lighter and more buoyant than you might expect. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2015 Vinous Media The 2015 Brunello di Montalcino Riserva blossoms in the glass with a pretty bouquet full of bright cherry, strawberry and a dusting of sweet spice, all offset by hints of leather and earth. It coats the palate in silky richness, which is then perfectly cleansed and enlivened by zesty acids and tart red fruits. There’s plenty of balanced structure for medium-term cellaring here, tapering off to sour wild berries and hints of citrus. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2012 Wine and Spirits The warmth of the 2012 vintage comes through in this wine’s robust alcohol (15 percent) and flavors of dark cherry and dried plum. Aged for two years in second-use barriques, it retains chewy tannins and notes of cedar, tobacco and spice. Shelf Talker Full Page Review