Dolée Friulano Friuli Isonzo DOC
- Tasting Notes
- ColorStraw yellow color with golden hues.
- NoseThe bouquet on the nose is delicate and intense with notes of white flowers and pineapple on a background of vanilla.
- FlavorOn the palate it is fruity, rich, and well balanced between freshness and fullness.
Friuli Venezia Giulia At a Glance
Region Name Friuli Venezia Giulia
In Friuli Venezia Giulia most of the vineyards are located in the southern half of the region facing slopes of the Alps foothills where they can benefit from the most direct sunlight to go along with the night-time cool breezes from the Adriatic.
Press & Reviews
- Score: 90 Vintage 2016 Wine Spectator“This fresh, medium-bodied white shows lovely warm spice and vanilla accents layered with poached apricot, acacia blossom and white cherry flavors. Well-balanced and creamy, with a lingering streak of smoke on the finish. Drink now through 2023. 900 cases made.” Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2015 Wine & Spirits Magazine“This wine ages in barriques for about eight months, picking up notes of smoke and toasted nuts that unfold within juicy peach flavors. It’s a rich and mouthfilling wine, the ample alcohol balanced by refreshing acidity.” -Stephanie Johnson Full Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2015 Vinous Media“Bright straw color. Clean, fresh aromas and flavors of marzipan, honey, stone fruit and pear, complicated by ripe banana. A lovely wine that finishes smooth, long and with outstanding acid-fruit balance.” Full Review