Red • 100% Malbec
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorDeep Violet
- NoseThe bouquet of this wine is an intense dark fruit, with hints of coffee, dark chocolate and spice notes.
- FlavorIts flavor is well-balanced and elegant; well-integrated fruit, tannins and acidity; with a persistent, long finish.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2018||Vinous||97||Oct 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||James Suckling||97||Apr 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||James Suckling||96||Apr 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||Vinous||93||Oct 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 97 Vintage 2018 Vinous A Malbec from Mainque, planted in 1932, aged in 600-liter barrels for 18 months. It boasts a combination of elegance and liveliness that the oenologist responsible for it, Hans Vinding Diers, the current owner of the winery, says “marks the beginning of a new path” in which the vineyard is managed with great attention to detail. And with extraordinary results. The perfumed nose runs through layers of sweet and sour cherry and onto the woody notes with purity and precision that evoke the landscapes of Patagonia. Delicate but compelling in the mouth; the tannins are extremely fine and give a cozy, warm sensation that begins in the lips, as though you’d rubbed them with Chapstick. Silky and flavorful, with both punch and subtlety, it has a natural energy in which each different element is in equilibrium; that’s the key to this breathtaking wine. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 97 Vintage 2018 James Suckling Super intensity of pure fruit here with blackberries, purple fruit and fresh flowers. Cassis, tile and tapenade undertones, as well as licorice. Full-bodied, dense and layered with refined, polished tannins that go on for minutes. Energetic refinement here. Drinkable now, but better after 2021. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 96 Vintage 2017 James Suckling So floral on the nose with hints of citrus and crushed stones. Medium to full body. Very silky tannins. Extended finish that gives a sense of ripeness and precision. The fruit pops out at the end. Balanced and all about finesse. Savory freshness brings you back together. Drinkable now, but will age for years ahead. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 93 Vintage 2017 Vinous A Malbec planted in 1932 in Mainque, aged in 600-liter barrels for 23 months. The year and the new direction taken by the man in charge of Noemía, Hans Vinding Diers, both bore fruit in this wine. Purple in color with a nose of ripe plum and cedar and pencil box aromas, it is delicate in the mouth, presenting a smooth, elegant complexion and an aftertaste of oak overlaid with a gentle touch of smoke. A deliciously fluid take on the variety. Shelf Talker Full Page Review