Bruno BRoglia Gavi di Gavi DOCG
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorPale straw yellow with green reflections
- NoseRich and intense bouquet on the nose, with complex fragrances of wildflowers and honey.
- FlavorDryand elegant sip, with an harmonius lingering finish.
Piedmont At a Glance
Region Name Piedmont
Piemonte is considered by many the top wine region of Italy, being the land of Barolo and Barbaresco, even though these mega-popular wines only account for 3% of the region’s wine production.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2018||James Suckling||90||Aug 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||James Suckling||92||Nov 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||Wine Enthusiast||91||Oct 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||Wine Advocate||88||Jun 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 90 Vintage 2018 James Suckling Lemon and honey to the sliced-papaya and pineapple character. Medium body. Creamy texture. Some flint and gun-metal undertones. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 92 Vintage 2017 James Suckling A delightful Gavi full of sea salt, sea urchin, bird’s nest and pithy lemons and peaches. Round and textured, but deep and cutting, it offers all you could ask for in the way of concentration and freshness. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2017 Wine Enthusiast Made from vines planted in the first half of the 1950s and with very low yields, this full-bodied white opens with heady aromas of spring wildflowers, white stone fruit and a whiff of bread dough. The concentrated, full-bodied palate delivers mature apple, honey and a hint of almond alongside tangy acidity. KERIN O’KEEFE Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2017 Wine Advocate Opening to a luminous straw gold color, the Broglia 2017 Gavi Bruno Broglia takes a little while to express itself aromatically and starts off with easy peach and white melon. At a second moment, you get hints of wild herb and almond. This is a generous, lean-bodied white with some of the textural creaminess that came so easily in this hot and dry vintage. It's a solid party wine with some shrimp cocktail. Shelf Talker Full Page Review