Cabernet Sauvignon Toscana IGT
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorIntense ruby red color
- NoseThe bouquet on the nose shows the typical fruity and spicy hints of the grape variety.
- FlavorOn the palate it is dry, smooth and well balanced between the ripe and silky tannins and the fresh spicy aromas. Long fruity and spicy finish.
Tuscany At a Glance
Region Name Tuscany
Chianti, Brunello di Montalcino, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano and Super Tuscans from Bolgheri are some of the world’s most famous wines and are adored by collectors, and they all hail from the gorgeous region of Tuscany.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2017||James Suckling||91||Nov 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||Wine Spectator||90||Jul 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||Wine Enthusiast||89||May 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||Wine Advocate||88||May 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2016||Wine Enthusiast||90||May 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 91 Vintage 2017 James Suckling Blackcurrant and other berry aromas with hints of walnut and fresh-herb character. Medium to full body. Velvety tannins and a flavorful finish. Drink or hold. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2017 Wine Spectator A graphite edge in the aroma blows off, revealing fresh cherry, raspberry and floral flavors, tinged by tobacco and licorice notes. Solidy built, with an echo of cherry and light spice accents. Drink now through 2028. 600 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2017 Wine Enthusiast This Cabernet Sauvignon opens with aromas of mature black plum, Mediterranean scrub and leather. The aromas follow through to the forward straightforward palate along with dried Marasca cherry and pliant tannins. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2017 Wine Advocate The 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon from Campo alle Comete is drier and not as balanced as the 2016, which had nice earthy tones in its primary black fruit. The 2017 comes off as a bit grassy with some very green or herbal notes followed by rich thickness and heavy extraction. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2016 Wine Enthusiast Cedar, black currant and fragrant blue-flower aromas take center stage on this polished red. The elegantly structured palate presents dried Marasca cherry and licorice alongside fine-grained tannins. KERIN O’KEEFE Shelf Talker Full Page Review