Stupore Bolgheri Rosso DOC
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorIntense ruby red color
- NoseThe bouquet on the nose is intense and complex, with aromas of fresh plum, cherry, sweet roasted cocoa, and balsamic sensations of eucalyptus reminiscent of the Mediterranean scrub.
- FlavorOn the palate it is dry, rich, and well balanced with ripe fruity notes, smooth tannins and a long aftertaste.
Tuscany At a Glance
Region Name Tuscany
Chianti, Brunello di Montalcino, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano and Super Tuscans from Bolgheri are some of the world’s most famous wines and are adored by collectors, and they all hail from the gorgeous region of Tuscany.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2018||James Suckling Magazine||92||Jun 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Wine Enthusiast||90||Jul 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||James Suckling||92||Nov 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||Wine Enthusiast||91||May 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2016||Wine Enthusiast||94||May 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2016||Wine Spectator||94||Jul 2018||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 92 Vintage 2018 James Suckling Magazine Aromas of dark plums, mulberries, cedar and smoke. Hints of mint, too. It’s full-bodied with chewy tannins and a creamy texture on the palate. Polished and structured with a savory finish. Drink from 2022. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2018 Wine Enthusiast Made with Merlot and Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon and Petit Verdot, this opens with aromas of mocha, dark-skinned fruit and eucalyptus. On the tightly knit palate, fine-grained tannis accompany blackberry jam, liquorice and espresso. Drink throught 2026. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 92 Vintage 2017 James Suckling Currant, blueberry and violet aromas follow through to a medium body with firm, fine tannins that give the wine form and focus. Chocolate and hazelnut emerge in the undertones. Drink or hold. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2017 Wine Enthusiast This blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah and Petit Verdot features alluring aromas evoking cassis, black-skinned berry and underbrush. The concentrated palate offers black plum, tobacco and mocha alongside polished tannins Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 94 Vintage 2016 Wine Enthusiast This blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot opens with aromas of Mediterranean brush, black-skinned berry and tobacco. The concentrated palate offers blackberry jam, licorice and mocha alongside fine-grained tannins. Drink 2022–2030. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 94 Vintage 2016 Wine Spectator Intense and pure, with a beam of black cherry, wild herbs and spice piercing a dark abyss of finely wrought tannins. Terrific acidity keeps this fresh and focused, while the finish evokes chocolate, ripe fruit, spice and mineral notes. Merlot, Syrah, Petit Verdot and Cabernet Sauvignon. Best from 2020 through 2032. 6,500 cases made, 650 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review