Nero d’Avola Sicilia DOC
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorBright magenta red in color.
- NoseVery fruit forward with notes of red berries (cherry, blackberry), fragrant, mineral, and spicy.
- FlavorThe palate presents perfect balance between tannins and acidity. Intense, persistent, and fine.
Sicily At a Glance
Region Name Sicily
Sicily is Italy’s southernmost region and the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. For more than 2500 years, Sicily (Sicilia in Italian) has been a significant center of Mediterranean viniculture, although the reputation and style of its wines have changed significantly over that time.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2019||Vinous Media||88||Jun 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Wine Enthusiast||88||Mar 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 88 Vintage 2019 Vinous Media The 2019 Nero d'Avola is very pretty and perfumed in the glass, offering first roses, then cherries and white smoke. It’s soft and round in texture, balancing ripe blue fruits with juicy acids and cooling herbal notes. There’s not a hard edge in sight here as this tapers off fresh with lingering sweet wild berries. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2018 Wine Enthusiast Made with organically farmed Nero d'Avola, this vegan friendly, easygoing red has inviting aromas of black-skinned berry, botanical herb and baking spice. Soft, savory and enjoyable, the palate offers ripe blackberry, fleshy black cherry and cinnamon framed in pliant tannins. Drink soon. Shelf Talker Full Page Review