Nero d’Avola Sicilia Rosé DOC
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorDusty pink in color with shades of mauve.
- NoseDelicate bouquet of red fruit with hints of pomegranate and pink grapefruit.
- FlavorComposed and sapid with balanced acidity that enhances the fruity characteristics. Excellent persistence.
Sicily At a Glance
Region Name Sicily
Sicily is Italy’s southernmost region and the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. For more than 2500 years, Sicily (Sicilia in Italian) has been a significant center of Mediterranean viniculture, although the reputation and style of its wines have changed significantly over that time.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2020||Vinous Media||89||Jun 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2020||Wine Advocate||87||Nov 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2020||Wine Enthusiast||86||Nov 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 89 Vintage 2020 Vinous Media The 2020 Nero d'Avola Rosé mixes sweet roses with ripe strawberries and hints of spice to create a seductive display. It’s soft in texture with medium weight, showing ripe red and hints of blue fruit, as minerals and inner floral tones amass toward the close. This finishes with persistence, still buzzing with energy, as a twang of sour melon punctuates the experience nicely. The 2020 is packed full of character and, if tasted blind, you might believe you were drinking a red rather than a Rosé. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 87 Vintage 2020 Wine Advocate Here's a new wine from Cantine Colosi. A certified organic and vegan wine, the 2020 Sicilia Nero d'Avola Rosé Ecolosi (packaged in a screw-capped bottle) shows that bright ruby hue with copper shine that is characteristic of this versatile Sicilian grape. This is an easy and no-fuss rosé to twist open by the pool with some crudité and hummus. Sour cherry, dried raspberry and bitter almond define the bouquet. To the palate, this extreme value wine is thin and crisp with sweet candied berry flavors. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 86 Vintage 2020 Wine Enthusiast Certified organic and vegan, this informal wine has delicate scents recalling wild berries and Mediterranean brush. The easygoing palate offers tart cherry and blood orange alongside tangy acidity. It’s simple but well-made. Shelf Talker Full Page Review