Ribolla Gialla Venezia Giulia IGT
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorStraw yellow color with greenish nuances
- NoseThe nose is typical of this variety, dry withdelicate citrus and floral notes that recall acacia.
- FlavorOn the palate it is fresh and fruitywith flavours of pear, peach and citrus and a touch of minerality on the finish.
Friuli Venezia Giulia At a Glance
Region Name Friuli Venezia Giulia
In Friuli Venezia Giulia, most of the best vineyards are located in the southeastern part of the region facing Alpine foothills’ slopes. Here the vines benefit from direct sunlight and a complex climatic intersection of the warm Mediterranean influence of the Adriatic Sea coupled with the cooling breezes from the Julian Alps.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2020||James Suckling||91||Aug 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2019||Vinous Media||86||Jan 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||James Suckling||90||Nov 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||Wine and Spirits||89||Dec 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 91 Vintage 2020 James Suckling Buttercups, baked apples, lemon curd and honeycomb on the nose. It’s medium-bodied with a waxy, lightly oily texture. Finishes fresh. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 86 Vintage 2019 Vinous Media The 2019 Ribolla Gialla combines ripe stone fruits with savory wild herbs to create an inviting display. It’s soft and juicy yet understated, showing notes of green melon with a mineral twang, as inner florals develop toward the close. Salty tension lingers along with a hint of yellow citrus. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2018 James Suckling Attractive fresh lemon and pear aromas here with a gently chalky palate and a smooth, dry finish. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2017 Wine and Spirits This ribolla offers flavors of tart citrus and snappy green-apple skin woven together by racy acidity and a hint of salinity. Shelf Talker Full Page Review