Sauvignon Isonzo del Friuli DOC
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorGolden in color.
- NoseThis Sauvignon has a very fine typical bouquet, reminescentof sage, paprika and leaves of tomato.
- FlavorA wine of great structure and excellentacidity, with a pleasant zesty and mineral finish.
Friuli Venezia Giulia At a Glance
Region Name Friuli Venezia Giulia
In Friuli Venezia Giulia, most of the best vineyards are located in the southeastern part of the region facing Alpine foothills’ slopes. Here the vines benefit from direct sunlight and a complex climatic intersection of the warm Mediterranean influence of the Adriatic Sea coupled with the cooling breezes from the Julian Alps.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2019||James Suckling||91||Nov 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2019||Vinous Media||86||Jan 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||James Suckling||90||Nov 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Wine Advocate||87||Feb 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 91 Vintage 2019 James Suckling Tropical fruit and lemon with some herbal undertones. It’s full-bodied, layered and flavorful. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 86 Vintage 2019 Vinous Media The 2019 Sauvignon Blanc blossoms in the glass with an array of dusty yellow flowers, crushed stone, fresh apples and a spritz of lime. It sizzles across the palate with salty intensity, yet it’s quite linear in style, dropping off rather quickly. This is best enjoyed sooner rather than later, leaving a clean and perfectly refreshed sensation. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2018 James Suckling Fresh and fruity white with sliced lemons, mangoes and hints of fennel. Medium to full body. Lightly oily for a sauvignon. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 87 Vintage 2018 Wine Advocate With some 45,000 bottles made, the Tenuta Luisa 2018 Isonzo del Friuli Sauvignon is a crisp and light white wine that proves a cheerful and versatile pairing partner to the exotic favors of Thailand or Vietnam. Or you could pair it with a platter of barbecued shrimp with spicy dipping sauce. This is a lean and thin white that opens to fragrant tones of passion fruit, papaya and fresh citrus. Shelf Talker Full Page Review