Per Lui Salice Salentino Riserva DOC
- Tasting Notes
- ColorDeep ruby red color.
- NoseThe bouquet on the nose shows aromas of ripe red fruits and jam with hints of Mediterranean scrub typical of Negroamaro. Some tertiary notes of sweet tobacco and coffee roasting from the oak aging add complexity to the aromatic profile.
- FlavorOn the palate it is extraordinarely rich, full-bodied, smooth and well-balanced. Long fruity finish.
Puglia At a Glance
Region Name Puglia
Most Puglia wine is red, full-bodied, and will pair well with a wide variety of foods. Producers in Puglia have focused on making great red wines, and local grapes like Negroamaro, Primitivo, and Bombino Nero make for delicious drinking. Some of the best values in Italian wine come from this sunny, dry region.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2016||Wine Spectator||89||Jan 2022||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2015||Wine Enthusiast||90||Nov 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2015||Wine Spectator||90||Jun 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2015||James Suckling||81||Nov 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 89 Vintage 2016 Wine Spectator Round and ripe, this medium-bodied red offers a rich base note of date and dried fig layered with light, chalky tannins and flavors of herbed black olive and mesquite smoke. Zesty finish. Negroamaro. Drink now through 2024. 1,666 cases made, 100 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2015 Wine Enthusiast Made entirely from Negroamaro, this riserva offers a striking balance between elegance and rusticity. Brandied cherry and blackberry aromas carry the nose alongside a savory hoisin sauce note. Tangy red fruit broadens out the medium-bodied palate, with a grip of tannins carrying it through to the dark cocoa-dusted finish. ALEXANDER PEARTREE Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2015 Wine Spectator A harmonious red, medium- to full-bodied and creamy, with herbed green olive, baked currant, loamy earth and woodsy spice flavors, finely knit to dense tannins that firm the plush finish. Best from 2021 through 2029. 416 cases made, 25 cases imported. –AN Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 81 Vintage 2015 James Suckling Old cigarette butts and bell peppers take hold. Sweet and cloying. Alcoholic. Hard to like. Drink up. Shelf Talker Full Page Review