Rosé Terre Siciliane IGP
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorBright pink color
- NoseA highly characterful, bright rosè, with tons of fresh red berry fruit aromas and flavors.
- FlavorExtremely pleasant, fresh and smooth sip. The first vintage of Purato Rosé has been produced in very limited quantities and has been released early for maximum freshness.
Sicily At a Glance
Region Name Sicily
Sicily is Italy’s southernmost region and the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. For more than 2500 years, Sicily (Sicilia in Italian) has been a significant center of Mediterranean viniculture, although the reputation and style of its wines have changed significantly over that time.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2020||Vinous Media||88||Jun 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2020||Wine Advocate||87||Nov 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2019||Vinous Media||88||May 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 88 Vintage 2020 Vinous Media The 2020 Nero d'Avola Rosé lifts up with notes of crushed apple, sweet rubbed sage and white smoke. This is a lean and streamlined effort with a floral-laced display of young peaches and savory herbs. A tropical air lingers through the refreshing finale, as well as a pleasant flourish of salty minerals Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 87 Vintage 2020 Wine Advocate The Purato 2020 Rosé (an IGT Terre Siciliane wine) is closed in a screw-cap bottle and offers all kinds of environmentally-friendly sustainability perks. The wine is certified organic and vegan, and the bottle is made with 70% recycled glass and 100% recycled cardboard for the label. It reports to be carbon neutral. The contents inside the bottle show a saturated ruby color with simple raspberry and wild cherry aromas. The wine is lightweight, fresh and very informal overall. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2019 Vinous Media The 2019 Santa Tresa Purato Rosé is wonderfully fresh and lifted, as ripe green melon is complemented by citrus-tinged minerals and a hint of honey and hazelnut. It washes across the senses effortlessly with a mix of ripe orchard fruits over a core of brisk acids building inner floral tones toward the close. The finish is medium in length, subtly spicy, and fresh with just a hint of lime Shelf Talker Full Page Review