Lamezia Rosso DOC
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorRuby red color with garnet reflections.
- NoseThe nose is intense and complex, with dark notes of black cherry, plum, cocoa, tobacco, Indian ink and spices.
- FlavorThe sip is very nice structured with an excellent balance between fruit, tannin, and acidity. Long pleasant finish of fruit and spices.
Calabria At a Glance
Region Name Calabria
Calabria is a non-industrial rural mountainous region. Its economy is dependent on cereals, citrus, and particularly olives, with a per-capita income less than half the national average. Called Enotria by the Greeks in pre-Roma times for its illustrious vinous past, today viticulture and winemaking are far from the vital industries they once were and account for a tiny proportion of land use.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2019||Vinous Media||86||Jul 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Wine Enthusiast||90||Mar 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 86 Vintage 2019 Vinous Media A bouquet that mixes ash and crushed violet candies with plum sauce and brown spice lifts up from the 2019 Rosso. It’s velvety and weighty in feel, offering ripe black fruits and peppery herbal tones, yet it lacks dimension. Notes of tobacco and balsamic spice linger. The Lamezia Rosso is a blend of 40% Gaglioppo, 40% Greco Nero and 20% Magliocco. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2018 Wine Enthusiast This well-priced blend of Gaglioppo, Greco Nero and Magliocco is quite expressive on the nose in tones of ripe cherry and blueberry, with savory elements of mentholated herbs and black pepper spicing it up. The palate is plush and soft in delicious berry fruit, but well balanced by bright acidity and smooth tannins. A gentle cherry-skin note lends grip to the close, making this a delicious Calabrian red blend. Shelf Talker Full Page Review