Cantolibero Lambrusco Grasparossa di Castelvetro DOC
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorDeep ruby red color with purple highlights
- NoseOn the nose it is pleasantly fruity with hints of aromatic herbs, thyme and rosemary.
- FlavorThe taste is rich of fruits, Morello cherryin particular; nicely tangy, it balances rounded tannins with pleasant acidity leaving the palate dry and cleansed.
Emilia Romagna At a Glance
Region Name Emilia Romagna
Emilia-Romagna is a rich, fertile region of northern Italy and one of its most prolific wine regions. It spans almost the entire width of the northern Italian peninsula, sandwiched between Tuscany to the south, Lombardy and Veneto to the north, and the Adriatic Sea to the east. Nine miles of Liguria is all that separates Emilia-Romagna from the Ligurian Sea.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2018||Wine Spectator||89||Aug 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Vinous Media||89||Jun 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 89 Vintage 2018 Wine Spectator Woodsy smoke and herb notes are a savory layer in this fresh and firm Lambrusco, underscoring sweet steeped black cherry and spiced citrus peel flavors. Graphite and iron notes lace the chewy finish. Drink now. 1,100 cases made, 200 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2018 Vinous Media Ripe blackberries, plums, sweet pipe tobacco and hints of camphor rise up from the 2018 Lambrusco Grasparossa di Castelvetro Cantolibero. It’s soft-textured, yet it quickly finds contrast through a saturating mix of tart black fruits and minerals. A buzz of nervous acidity resonates, forcing the mouth to water as hints of licorice and red currants slowly fade. Shelf Talker Full Page Review