Gibe Lambrusco Grasparossa di Castelvetro DOC
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorThe color is lively red with purple highlights; persistent mousse with a lovely lilacpinkhue.
- NoseThe bouquet on the nose is fresh and fruity with notes of ripe black cherry,macerated plum, wild strawberry and licorice.
- FlavorSprightly fruity and soft; moderatetannins leave the palate pleasingly refreshed.
Emilia Romagna At a Glance
Region Name Emilia Romagna
Emilia-Romagna is a rich, fertile region of northern Italy and one of its most prolific wine regions. It spans almost the entire width of the northern Italian peninsula, sandwiched between Tuscany to the south, Lombardy and Veneto to the north, and the Adriatic Sea to the east. Nine miles of Liguria is all that separates Emilia-Romagna from the Ligurian Sea.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2018||Wine Spectator||89||Oct 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||Wine Spectator||91||Jun 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 89 Vintage 2018 Wine Spectator Light tannins form a chalky frame for an expressive range of crème de cassis and blackberry coulis flavors in this well-cut Lambrusco, with the aromatic overtone of graphite, smoke, dried thyme and spice box lingering on the finish. Drink now. 1,400 cases made, 900 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2017 Wine Spectator The intriguing nose of ground spices and medicinal herbs draws you into the glass of this fresh, harmonious Lambrusco, underscoring flavors of ripe raspberry and red licorice that ride the delicate mousse. Drink now through 2023. Shelf Talker Full Page Review