VIe di ROmans Chardonnay Friuli Isonzo DOC
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorBright straw yellow color
- NoseIntense and complex nose with aromas of vanilla,citrus, ripe golden apple, and hints of toasted coconut.
- FlavorOn the palate it is fresh,rich, well balanced with a persistent mineral finish.
Friuli Venezia Giulia At a Glance
Region Name Friuli Venezia Giulia
In Friuli Venezia Giulia, most of the best vineyards are located in the southeastern part of the region facing Alpine foothills’ slopes. Here the vines benefit from direct sunlight and a complex climatic intersection of the warm Mediterranean influence of the Adriatic Sea coupled with the cooling breezes from the Julian Alps.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2018||Wine Advocate||95||Feb 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Vinous Media||94||Jan 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||James Suckling||94||Nov 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||James Suckling||93||Nov 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||Wine Spectator||91||Jun 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2016||Wine Advocate||95||Aug 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 95 Vintage 2018 Wine Advocate Polished, clear and silky, the Vie di Romans 2018 Friuli Isonzo Chardonnay Vie di Romans is a beautifully balanced wine that gives equal weight to the intensity and quality of the fruit and the abundantly enriched texture of the mouthfeel. This is Chardonnay presented in 360-degree splendor with peach, melon, honey, pastry crust and cream custard. Ten months of aging on the yeasts gives the wine added dimension and opulent richness. Saffron, spice, cumin and fragrant sandstone are intermingled on the long and silky finish. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 94 Vintage 2018 Vinous Media As is usually the case, the Chardonnay Vie di Romans really stands out amongst its peers, especially in the 2018 vintage. There’s an undeniable richness to the bouquet as this gorgeous expression slowly blossoms in the glass. Pretty white and yellow florals, lemon confit, hints of custard, peach and sweet melon all come forward over time. It’s silky and pliant in texture, with formidable weight, yet balanced by brisk acids, as ripe citrus-tinged fruits and minerals excite the senses. A subtle hint of sweet exotic spice and almond lingers on the long and dramatic finish. The 2018 is charming today, yet also full of potential. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 94 Vintage 2018 James Suckling A rich, aromatic white with sliced and cooked apple, steel and stone. Full-bodied with layers of fruit, but in a focused and polished way. It’s creamy and fruity with a round texture and a delicious, flavorful finish. Mineral and steely notes at the end. Drink or hold. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 93 Vintage 2017 James Suckling A medium-bodied white with a solid core of fruit and creamy texture. Dried apricot and apple character throughout. Tangy acidity at the end. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2017 Wine Spectator A bright, elegant and well-spiced white, offering an aromatic mix of nectarine, lime blossom and white cherry flavors, with a touch of toast point set in a finely knit, medium-bodied frame. Features a long, mouthwatering finish. Drink now through 2027. 4,500 cases made, 280 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 95 Vintage 2016 Wine Advocate The 2016 Friuli Isonzo Rive Alte Chardonnay Vie di Romans is exotic and tangy, just slightly ripe and absolutely beautiful. The notes of exotic fruit and papaya are almost incomparable in definition, with some sweet cinnamon mingling in there as well. The mouthfeel is silky and long, with an esoteric or abstract quality that is hard to put into words but remains mysterious and attractive nonetheless. Enjoy this barrique-aged Chardonnay with someone who can appreciate this level of craftsmanship. Production is exactly 57,613 bottles. Shelf Talker Full Page Review