Vieris Sauvignon Blanc Friuli Isonzo DOC
- Tasting Notes
- ColorBright straw yellow color
- NoseOn the nose it shows scents of kiwi, cedro, lemon and melonrind, followed by hints of almond, mineral and mint sensetions.
- FlavorOn the palateit recalls all the aromas perceived on the nose, with a perfect balance bwtweenaromatics, fruit and acidity. Impeccable long lasting finish.
Friuli Venezia Giulia At a Glance
Region Name Friuli Venezia Giulia
In Friuli Venezia Giulia most of the vineyards are located in the southern half of the region facing slopes of the Alps foothills where they can benefit from the most direct sunlight to go along with the night-time cool breezes from the Adriatic.
Press & Reviews
- Score: 95 Vintage 2017 James SucklingExtremely fresh and intense with waxy and lemony character, as well as candied apples. Full body. Lots of fruit and flavor. Layered and powerful. Excellent depth and flavor intensity. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2017 Vinous MediaBright pale golden-tinged straw color. Penetrating herb- and oak spice-accented aromas of grapefruit and green lime, with undertones of ripe stone fruit in the background. Shows a vaguely green fruit and herbal character to its fresh citrus and tropical fruit flavors, but in a riper, less pungent style than this winery’s 2017 Piere. Closes long and gently flinty, with very good focus and clarity. Shelf Talker
- Score: 92 Vintage 2015 Wine & Spirits Magazine“Vieris rests in French oak barriques for nine months, picking up rich, creamy notes of white chocolate to round out the wine’s citrus-and-herb flavors. Initially shy, it blossoms after a few hours in the glass, developing notes of lemongrass, sage and ginger. The finish is impressively long and peppery, but this could use a year or two in the cellar for all of the components to meld”. -Stephanie Johnson Full Review