La Meirana Gavi di Gavi DOCG
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorPale straw yellow with green highlights
- NoseThe color is pale straw yellow with green reflections. The bouquet on the nose is fine and delicate with lots of fruits, such as peach, melon and pink grapefruit, together with some hints of anise and flowers.
- FlavorVery fresh andbalanced sip, with a long fruity finish.
Piemonte At a Glance
Region Name Piemonte
Piedmont is one of the top wine regions in Italy, as the land of Barolo and Barbaresco, even though these mega-popular wines only account for 3% of the region’s wine production.
Press & Shelf Talkers
- Score: 91 Vintage 2018 James SucklingA pretty, zesty Gavi that suggests lemon peel and green apples. Medium-bodied and nicely taut with a burst of acidity and minerality on the finish. Drink now. Shelf Talker
- Score: 89 Vintage 2018 Wine EnthusiastAromas evoking honeydew, yellow peach and hawthorn form the nose. On the tangy palate, fresh acidity lifts ripe apricot, green apple and a hint of almond alongside b Shelf Talker
- Score: 88 Vintage 2017 Wine & Spirits Magazine“Delicate floral notes highlight this wine’s flavors of white peach and yellow pear. Cool salinity and a white-pepper spice keep the flavors refreshing as the wine finishes with a pleasant almond aftertaste.” Shelf Talker Full Review