La Meirana Gavi di Gavi DOCG
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorPale straw yellow with green highlights
- NoseThe color is pale straw yellow with green reflections. The bouquet on the nose is fine and delicate with lots of fruits, such as peach, melon and pink grapefruit, together with some hints of anise and flowers.
- FlavorVery fresh and balanced sip, with a long fruity finish.
Piedmont At a Glance
Region Name Piedmont
Piemonte is considered by many the top wine region of Italy, being the land of Barolo and Barbaresco, even though these mega-popular wines only account for 3% of the region’s wine production.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2020||Wine Spectator||88||Nov 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2019||Wine Spectator||88||Mar 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2019||Wine Advocate||87||Jun 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||James Suckling||91||Nov 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Wine Enthusiast||89||Dec 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 88 Vintage 2020 Wine Spectator Melon, lemon and earth notes combine in this open, balanced white. The rich texture gives way to lively acidity on the finish. Drink now. 25,000 cases made, 3,000 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2019 Wine Spectator The viscous texture envelops peach, apple and almond notes, with a lemony acidity driving it all. It's linear and mouthwatering. Drink now. 25,000 cases made, 3,000 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 87 Vintage 2019 Wine Advocate The Broglia 2019 Gavi La Meirana shows ripe apricot and heavy citrus fruit. This estate also made a sparkling wine from the Cortese grape called La Meirana; however, this wine is still. The wine is thick and viscous with honeysuckle and cloying white rose. Just a little more freshness would go a long way here. These results are slightly flat and dense. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2018 James Suckling A pretty, zesty Gavi that suggests lemon peel and green apples. Medium-bodied and nicely taut with a burst of acidity and minerality on the finish. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2018 Wine Enthusiast Aromas evoking honeydew, yellow peach and hawthorn form the nose. On the tangy palate, fresh acidity lifts ripe apricot, green apple and a hint of almond alongside bright acidity. KERIN O’KEEFE Shelf Talker Full Page Review