Vin Santo di Montepulciano DOC
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorGold color with copper notes
- NoseRich, concentrated nose with notes of orange peel,acacia honey and walnut.
- FlavorOn the palate it is perfectly balanced between the naturalsweetness and the acid components. with a long juicy and fresh nutty finish.
Tuscany At a Glance
Region Name Tuscany
Chianti, Brunello di Montalcino, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano and Super Tuscans from Bolgheri are some of the world’s most famous wines and are adored by collectors, and they all hail from the gorgeous region of Tuscany.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2016||Vinous Media||89||Dec 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2015||Wine Spectator||90||Apr 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 89 Vintage 2016 Vinous Media Candied ginger, confectioners sugar, hazelnuts, crushed dried flowers and hints of camphor lift up from the 2016 Vin Santo di Montepulciano. It’s luxuriously plush and soothing with a great balance of sugar and acidity, along with hints of tropical fruit and exotic spice, yet this could use more complexity. Burnt orange and hints of brown sugar linger long on this hedonistic pleasure. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2015 Wine Spectator A moderately sweet dessert style, boasting caramel, apple tart, clove and butter flavors. Balanced and agile on the long finish. Trebbiano, Malvasia and Grechetto. Drink now through 2028. 250 cases made, 165 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review