Versace Nero d’Avola Terre Siciliane IGT
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorDeep ruby red
- NoseComplex and intense nose with notes of red fruit, currants, blueberries and cherries, together with dark spicy and toasty sensations coming from the aging in oak.
- FlavorRich, structured and velvety sip with a polished after taste of fruit and sweet spice.
Sicily At a Glance
Region Name Sicily
Sicily is Italy’s southernmost region and the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. For more than 2500 years, Sicily (Sicilia in Italian) has been a significant center of Mediterranean viniculture, although the reputation and style of its wines have changed significantly over that time.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2019||Vinous Media||90||Jun 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2019||Wine Spectator||89||Dec 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Wine Spectator||90||Apr 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||Wine Spectator||89||Jun 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2017||James Suckling||89||Nov 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 90 Vintage 2019 Vinous Media The 2019 Nero d’Avola Versace blossoms in the glass, hints of wet pavement yielding to sweet violets, lavender, blackberry and clove. This envelops the palate in juicy dark fruits contrasted by wild herbs and brisk acids. It cleans up nicely through the long, peppery finish, where nuanced tannins create a classically dry impression. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2019 Wine Spectator This medium-bodied red is fresh, balanced and accessible, offering lightly chewy tannins and a pleasing range of crushed black cherry, dried fig, thyme notes, with hints of loamy earth and iron. Drink now through 2024. 15,000 cases made, 3,500 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2018 Wine Spectator A lively, medium- to full-bodied red, with a savory underpinning of cured tobacco and smoke layered with blackberry and dried cranberry fruit flavors. Supple tannins firm the spiced finish. Drink now through 2026. 12,000 cases made, 3,500 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2017 Wine Spectator A fresh, briary red, medium-bodied and trimmed by light, taut tannins, this features a hint of tarry mineral that underscores the flavors of crushed currant and cherry fruit, wild sage and black licorice. Well-balanced and drinkable, offering a subtly spiced finish. Drink now through 2023. Tasted twice, with consistent notes. 12,000 cases made, 3,500 cases imported. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2017 James Suckling The dried blackberries, coffee beans and cigar smoke are quite intense here. Ripe and overt on the palate with open-knit tannins and a slightly sweet impression. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review