Frappato Terre Siciliane IGP
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorVivid red color with gentle purple tones
- NoseThe bouquet on the nose is fresh with lots of red berries and delicate sweet spices.
- FlavorA very pleasant, well balanced and smooth sip, with lively acidity and a spicy, long-lasting aftertaste.
Sicily At a Glance
Region Name Sicily
Sicily is Italy’s southernmost region and the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. For more than 2500 years, Sicily (Sicilia in Italian) has been a significant center of Mediterranean viniculture, although the reputation and style of its wines have changed significantly over that time.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2020||James Suckling||88||Apr 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2019||Vinous Media||89||Jun 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2019||Wine and Spirits||87||Apr 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||James Suckling||90||Nov 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 88 Vintage 2020 James Suckling A light, clean and fruity red that has the feel of a rosé. Fresh and straight through with no perceptible tannins. From organically grown grapes. Vegan. Drink now, even lightly chilled. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2019 Vinous Media The 2019 Frappato Rina Russa pulls you close with notes of sweet spice, strawberries and roses. It’s soft with a pleasantly balanced inner sweetness, giving way to a pure display of red fruits. Hints of sour citrus and tart berries linger as this tapers off to freshness. This harmonious Frappato should not be over-thought; simply indulge. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 87 Vintage 2019 Wine and Spirits Rina Russa offers a pleasant introduction to frappato, its wild strawberry flavors laced with notes of orange peel and scrubby herbs. Pour it lightly chilled with a plate of salumi and cheese. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 90 Vintage 2018 James Suckling Subtle and slightly reductive aromas of peperoncino, rose petals and light cherries. Light body, bright and citrusy acidity and a fruity finish. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review