Frappato Terre Siciliane IGP
- Tasting Notes
- ColorVivid red color with gentle purple tones
- NoseThe bouquet on the nose is freshwith lots of red berries and delicate sweet spices.
- FlavorA very pleasant, wellbalanced and smooth sip, with lively acidity and a spicy, long-lasting aftertaste.
Sicilia At a Glance
Region Name Sicilia
Sicily is Italy’s southernmost region and the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. For more than 2500 years, Sicily (Sicilia in Italian) has been a significant center of Mediterranean viniculture, although the reputation and style of its wines have changed significantly over that time.
Press & Shelf Talkers
- Score: 88 Vintage 2018 Wine EnthusiastMade from organically grown Frappato grapes, this offers aromas of red berry and baking spice. The juicy palate shows strawberry, sour cherry and white pepper alongside polished tannins. Enjoy soon. Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2014 Vinous Media"Bright red. Perfumed aromas and flavors of red fruit cocktail and flint. Suave and sweet in the mouth, showing a layered texture as well as a penetrating quality. Finishes very pure and long, with lovely mineral lift and a strong floral note. A knockout wine; you’ll have a hard time putting the glass back down." -Ian D’Agata Shelf Talker Full Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2014 Wine Enthusiast“Made with organically farmed grapes, this charming, easy-drinking red is delicately scented with red berry and spice. The luminous, silky palate offers crushed strawberry, juicy cherry, and white cinnamon alongside fresh acidity. Serve slightly chilled for the perfect summer red.” - Kerin O’Keefe Full Review