Rina Ianca Grillo Viognier Terre Siciliane DOC
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorStraw yellow color
- NoseThe nose opens with aromas of white flowers, citrus andtropical fruit and evolves in more complex exotic fruit, dried apricot and vanillanotes.
- FlavorOn the palate it is perfectly balanced between fruit flavors and alively citrus acidity.
Sicily At a Glance
Region Name Sicily
Sicily is Italy’s southernmost region and the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. For more than 2500 years, Sicily (Sicilia in Italian) has been a significant center of Mediterranean viniculture, although the reputation and style of its wines have changed significantly over that time.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2019||Wine Enthusiast||90||Nov 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2019||Vinous Media||89||Jun 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Wine Enthusiast||88||Jan 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 90 Vintage 2019 Wine Enthusiast Made with organically farmed Grillo and Viognier, this crisp, savory white has aromas of fragrant spring flowers, citrus and crushed Mediterranean herbs. The racy palate doles out juicy grapefruit, yellow peach and a saline note alongside vibrant acidity. It closes on a hint of fennel seed. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2019 Vinous Media The 2019 Rina Ianca delivers everything you’d hope for from a blend of Grillo and Viognier. It’s intensely fruity, floral, exotic and a bit tropical on the nose. There’s a glycerol weightiness and inner sweetness here, wonderfully contrasted by bright acids, zesty citrus and hints of mint. Notes of sour apple and green melon linger, along with a bitter suggestion of savory herbs. Nicely done. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2018 Wine Enthusiast Yellow stone fruit and fragrant spring flower aromas lead the nose. Made with organically grown grapes, the tangy palate offers white grapefruit, apricot and tangerine drop candy alongside bright acidity. Shelf Talker Full Page Review