Giulia Pecorino Terre Acquilane IGT
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorBrilliant greenish yellow color.
- NoseThe bouquet on the nose is very elegant with aromas of white flowers, grapefruit, lime and fresh herbs.
- FlavorOn the palate it is fresh and juicy, confirming the aromas perceived on the nose, with a long lemony finish.
Abruzzo At a Glance
Region Name Abruzzo
The Abruzzo region has the Apennines running along its western border, is next to Molise to the south, Marche to the north and Lazio to the west.
More than 22 million cases of wine are produced annually in Abruzzo, making it the seventh most productive region in Italy, but only 21.5% of which are made under the Denominazione di Origine Controllata (DOC) designation.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2021||Vinous Media||91||Aug 2022||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2021||Wine Enthusiast||88||Dec 2022||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Vinous Media||89||Apr 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Vinous Media||88||Sep 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Wine Enthusiast||84||Jul 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 91 Vintage 2021 Vinous Media The 2021 Pecorino Giulia impresses with a stunning mix of candied lime, crushed green apple and fresh mint. This is packed full of savory mineral tones and zesty acids that create a sizzling of spicy tension on the palate. There’s a sweet and sour citrusy interplay that lasts impossibly long through the finale, like biting into a lemon pith followed by a healthy swig of juice. Very nice. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2021 Wine Enthusiast The nose of jasmine flowers, vanilla, Meyer lemon and wet rocks on this Pecorino brings to mind watering flowers in the garden. Its palate is also subtle but layered, with more citrus, from Buddha's hand to grapefruit. Acid that is present but unobtrusive holds together this eminently drinkable white. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2018 Vinous Media The 2018 Pecorino Giulia lifts up with mineral intensity, as crushed stone gives way to hints of ginger, apple and dusty dried florals. This is soft in texture, excited by bright acids and a tart display of white orchard fruits, building tension toward the close. The cheeks pucker through the mouth-watering finale, just begging for another sip, with hints of lemon rind and nectarine slowly tapering off Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2018 Vinous Media Vivid straw-yellow. Clean and simple aromas and flavors of green apple, white peach and fresh herbs. Shows a building lemony and chalky bite that is nicely extended by lively acidity. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 84 Vintage 2018 Wine Enthusiast This white is rather quiet on the nose, not revealing many charms. The palate is full in feel, with ample acidic lift, but the flavors are mild and lean toward sour lemon and melon rind. Shelf Talker Full Page Review