Friulano Isonzo del Friuli DOC
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorBright straw yellow color
- NoseOn the nose it is flowery and fruity with hints of bitteralmonds.
- FlavorOn the palate, it is resolutely dry, but thanks to the slight acidity, italways appears round, full-bodied and velvety.
Friuli Venezia Giulia At a Glance
Region Name Friuli Venezia Giulia
In Friuli Venezia Giulia, most of the best vineyards are located in the southeastern part of the region facing Alpine foothills’ slopes. Here the vines benefit from direct sunlight and a complex climatic intersection of the warm Mediterranean influence of the Adriatic Sea coupled with the cooling breezes from the Julian Alps.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2019||James Suckling||89||Nov 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2019||Vinous Media||88||Jan 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||James Suckling||92||Nov 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Wine Advocate||88||Feb 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 89 Vintage 2019 James Suckling A straightforward friulano with sliced white-peach and lemon aromas and flavors. Medium body. Short finish. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2019 Vinous Media White peaches, kiwi, crushed stone and dusty dried flowers define the bouquet on the 2019 Friulano. It's round and pliant yet buzzing with zesty acids and minerals. Ripe apple, melon and young mango all make an appearance before the Luisa tapers off to inner florals and hints of savory spice. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 92 Vintage 2018 James Suckling Aromas of dried apples, lemons, limes and cream. Medium body. Tangy and creamy finish. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2018 Wine Advocate A nice chicken salad wine, the Tenuta Luisa 2018 Friuli Isonzo Friulano opens to slightly viscous layers of pear, melon and honey. This wine feels a bit heavier or creamier compared to it peers, and much of that extra texture and density feels like it comes from the ripe nature of the fruit. There is a note of sweet almond on the close, but otherwise it offers a very smooth, lean to medium-weight approach. Some 30,000 bottles were produced. Shelf Talker Full Page Review