Merlot Isonzo del Friuli DOC
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorRuby red color with distinct violet shades
- NoseThe bouquet is slightly vinous withfruity notes of rasperry and blueberry and a characteristic scent of violets.
- FlavorWarm,dry, slightly tannic sip with a long finish reminiscent of the aromas perceivedon the nose.
Friuli Venezia Giulia At a Glance
Region Name Friuli Venezia Giulia
In Friuli Venezia Giulia, most of the best vineyards are located in the southeastern part of the region facing Alpine foothills’ slopes. Here the vines benefit from direct sunlight and a complex climatic intersection of the warm Mediterranean influence of the Adriatic Sea coupled with the cooling breezes from the Julian Alps.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2019||James Suckling||91||Aug 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||James Suckling||93||Nov 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Vinous Media||88||Jan 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 91 Vintage 2019 James Suckling Aromas of berries and fresh herbs with some violets. Medium-bodied, light and easy with light tannins and a bright finish. Easy and clean. Serve chilled. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 93 Vintage 2018 James Suckling A concentrated merlot with layers of berries and dark chocolate, as well as ripe, chewy tannins. Medium to full body. Flavorful finish. Needs time to soften. Try after 2023. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 88 Vintage 2018 Vinous Media The 2018 Merlot shows musky red and blue berries, along with hints of plum and wild herbs. It’s silky in feel and balanced throughout, displaying a darker set of fruits with zesty, cheek-puckering acids and mounting tannins. There’s plenty of structure here, yet this loses momentum through the finish. Shelf Talker Full Page Review