Pinot Grigio Isonzo del Friuli DOC
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorBright straw yellow color
- NoseThe bouquet is reminescent of crusty bread, acaciablossoms and ripe tropical fruits.
- FlavorOn the palate it is fruity, silky, soft and roundwith an elegant long lasting finish.
Friuli Venezia Giulia At a Glance
Region Name Friuli Venezia Giulia
In Friuli Venezia Giulia, most of the best vineyards are located in the southeastern part of the region facing Alpine foothills’ slopes. Here the vines benefit from direct sunlight and a complex climatic intersection of the warm Mediterranean influence of the Adriatic Sea coupled with the cooling breezes from the Julian Alps.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2019||Vinous Media||90||Jan 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||James Suckling||91||Nov 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||Wine Spectator||89||Oct 2019||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 90 Vintage 2019 Vinous Media The 2019 Pinot Grigio Luisa is spicy and perfumed, lifting up with notes of wild herbs, wet stone, dried apricots and a hint of white pepper. Its juicy nature perfectly complements the salt minerals and vibrant acids found within, leaning more on savory tension than fruit. Pretty inner florals and hints of almond paste linger throughout the close, which is simply buzzing with energy. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 91 Vintage 2018 James Suckling Intense apples, pears, stems and Chinese plums. Full-bodied with an oily texture and a textured finish. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 89 Vintage 2018 Wine Spectator A round and creamy version, with refreshing, well-cut acidity and a stony undertow. Light- to medium-bodied, showing hints of yellow pear, slivered almond, lemon pith and saline. Drink now through 2024. 3,583 cases made, 245 cases imported. — AN Shelf Talker Full Page Review