Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso Isonzo del Friuli DOC
Red • 100% Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso
- Tasting Notes
- Pairs With
- ColorBright ruby red color
- NoseIntense nose with vinous notes and touches of wildblackberries.
- FlavorConcentrated flavors, spicy and savory, with developed tanninsand a hint of pleasant bitterness.
Friuli Venezia Giulia At a Glance
Region Name Friuli Venezia Giulia
In Friuli Venezia Giulia, most of the best vineyards are located in the southeastern part of the region facing Alpine foothills’ slopes. Here the vines benefit from direct sunlight and a complex climatic intersection of the warm Mediterranean influence of the Adriatic Sea coupled with the cooling breezes from the Julian Alps.
|Vintage||Publication||Score||Review Date||POS Generator|
|2019||James Suckling||90||Aug 2021||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2019||Vinous Media||86||Apr 2022||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
|2018||James Suckling||92||Nov 2020||Shelf Talker||Full Page Review|
- Score: 90 Vintage 2019 James Suckling Fresh and easy with cherry, light lemon and hints of stones. Light-bodied, bright and fresh at the finish. Serve slightly chilled. Drink now. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 86 Vintage 2019 Vinous Media The 2019 Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso is withdrawn and nuanced, showing hints of dried cherries and blackberries. It’s soft and pliant with dark fruits and brisk acids that balance, yet I find myself craving more depth. Purple-tinged inner florals and hints of licorice linger, as this tapers off with medium length and lightly structured. Shelf Talker Full Page Review
- Score: 92 Vintage 2018 James Suckling Fresh and lively with crushed blackberry, orange peel and some lemon. It’s medium-bodied and tight with a firm, fine-tannin underlay. Drink or hold. Shelf Talker Full Page Review